The Buffalo Bills are going to have to play the waiting game to address their needs at either receiver or offensive line the second day of the NFL draft.
The Bills are left with just one pick Mark Andrews Jersey , 96th overall, on Friday after giving up two second-round and a third-round selection after swinging a pair of trades on Day 1. Buffalo moved up five spots in the order to draft Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen at No. 7. The Bills then moved up six spots to pick Virginia Tech linebacker Tremaine Edmunds at No. 16.
Buffalo has openings along the offensive line after center Eric Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January, and after left guard Richie Incognito's abrupt retirement.
The receiver position lacks established depth behind Kelvin Benjamin. Buffalo could also be in the market for a running back with veteran workhorse LeSean McCoy set to turn 30 this summer.
My summer reading list has been greatly enhanced by a book that officially debuts in September. It’s the latest from Jeff Pearlman Lee Roy Selmon Jersey , dubbed Football For A Buck: The Crazy Rise And Crazier Demise Of The USFL.
It’s the perfect companion for the annual sliver of slow time in the NFL, allowing me to be consistently on the lookout for anecdotes that may be relevant here.
Here’s one to consider: The Chicago Blitz under legendary head coach George Allen embarked on an aggressive effort to find players, signing 258 after kicking tires on a whopping 3 Reggie Ragland Jersey ,148. One of the players who received a “no thanks” from the Blitz was a linebacker named Karl Mecklenburg.
Yes, he’s the same Karl Mecklenburg who went on to become a six-time Pro Bowler and Hall of Fame semifinalist with the Broncos.
Making the whiff on Mecklenburg even more stunning is the fact that the team’s desperation to find competent players included visiting a prison to consider an inmate eligible for work release who wrote to the team, “I love football. I can play.” And the Blitz actually signed a schlub named Albert C. Lynch Alex Mack Jersey , a five-eight, 185-pound would-be linebacker who ran a molassesesque 5.7-second 40 and whose only redeeming quality was noticing during the tryout that the chosen few were being directed to then-25-year-old Bruce Allen to sign a contract.
If only Meckenburg had been quite as observant, the Blitz may have had a linebacker much Wil Lutz Jersey , much better than Albert C. Lynch.
Football Jerseys Wholesale From China